Get natural skin care products made with East African superfoods
Our skin, says Kiki Cheptoo Ng’ok, of Red Ochre Naturals, is the largest organ of the body and absorbs what you put on it.
So anything you apply on it should actually be something you can eat.
Red Ochre Naturals is a Kenyan-owned natural skin care line.
Kiki’s body butters, soaps and balms (see below for list) are handmade in small batches using wild crafted, organic or locally harvested superfoods such as shea butter from the North of Ghana; coconut oil and baobab oil from the Kenyan coast.
I purchased a Red Ochre Naturals cleanser made from high quality castor oil and a soothing sunflower oil, which removes all my facial dirt and impurities without drying the skin underneath.
My moisturizer is a blend of local avocado, olive, sesame and sunflower oils. It nourishes my skin from the inside out and I can also apply it on my body and hair – a three in one benefit of several of Red Ochre’s products.
Kiki has a growing client base from Kenya, USA, South Africa, Canada and Australia.
Her products, unlike most regular synthetic brands, have healing properties and are more effective in treating scars, addressing dry skin and various other irritations.
She also confirmed how I feel, that great skin builds confidence and self-esteem. I no longer have to worry about my skin getting prickly and dull with so-called natural products.
Kiki is a pleasure to talk to and very eager to make sure you get the best product for your needs (see contact info below).
Red Ochre body butters, soaps and balms
BODY BUTTERS (150g): Kshs 1,600
1. Lemongrass Body Butter (bestseller)
- Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil and lemongrass essential oil
- Uplifting and invigorating, lemongrass supports the immune system as well as the circulatory system
2. Goddess Healing Body Butter
- Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, baobab oil and essential lavendar oil
- Deeply moisturizing, rejuvenating and restorative
- Use on your body, face and hair
3. Sahel Body Butter
- Made with West African sourced palm oil high in Vitamin E, and known for its powerful anti-oxidant and anti-aging qualities
- A natural sun-screen
4. Yiantet’s Baby Body Butter
- Shea butter, coconut oil, baobab oil and olive oil
- Designed to be gentle enough for little faces, hands, feet and hair
5. Ethiopia Body Butter
- Made with an oil infused with Ethiopian coffee grounds
- Anti-oxidant qualities
- Strong coffee aroma for those who love it
SOAPS: Kshs 300-500
1. Clay, charcoal soap (bestseller)
- Bentonite clay, activated charcoal, saponified shea, avocado, olive, coconut and sunflower oils
- The activated charcoal is a deep and gentle toxin remover
- The clay heals any inflammations, leaving the skin refreshed and rejuvenated
- Use on your face, body and also as a shampoo bar
2. Ginger, coffee exfoliating hand or kitchen soap
- The coffee grounds and ginger powder act as a natural scrub
- The ginger also stimulates blood circulation
- Coffee grounds will eliminate any odours if used as a kitchen soap
3. Divine soap
- Saponified shea, coconut, olive and sunflower oils
- Super cleansing, yet gentle on the skin. For sensitive skin, or for babies!
4. Orange shampoo and bar
- Saponified olive, sunflower, coconut, palm and avocado oils
- Deep cleansing action and nourishment because of the moisturizing oils in the bar
- Designed for hair, though it can also double up as a body soap bar
OIL CLEANSE (100ml) : Kshs 500
Various blends on offer.
OIL MOISTURIZER (500ml): Kshs 1,000
Various blends on offer.
Contact Kiki on facebook, email: email@example.com or phone 0788 486 435 for more info or to schedule a consultation.
Feature image courtesy of africa at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Sunflower oil image courtesy of Mister GC at FreeDigitalPhotos.net